Winner
Finalist - Outstanding Acrylic
June 2010

Friday, January 15, 2010

Old Barn in South Berwick


And here we have the painting at the end of the three hours on location. There may be a few refinements added in the studio, but for the most part it is finished on location.
I will be teaching a winter workshop outdoors for those who may be interested. Most of what I paint is in a nearby area of less than 15 miles...
Lodging is available near my home and studio. Indoor sessions will be at my studio if it is way too cold or in snow or rain but I am hoping to have the classes outdoors to share my on site teaching methods. Of course proper winter clothing will be needed. I can list that for you if you need it and post photos and links for the best outlets. Carhart makes a good winter suit but there are plenty of other suits that work fine too. Mine is called "Blizzard Pruf" by Walls. I wouldn't go out without it!
The details will be posted on my web site or you may email me at dpoiriergallery@yahoo.com for more info.
I will have the first weekend session on February 19-21.
Classes will run from 10am -4pm each day.


1 comment:

Tatiana said...

evocative!